Dolls House Community
Dolls House Community

this forum is designed for people with an interest in dolls houses and all things miniature

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sausage rolls (fimo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dolly donut

PostSubject: Sausage rolls (fimo)   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 pm

heres what you need:

Ochre fimo (classic)
Terracotta fimo (classic)
dental tool or toothpick
cutting blade, i prefer a single sided razor blade
craft knife
something to 'brown them off'' with, i use furniture touch up markers but watery paint or wood stain varnish works well too

mix a small amount of terracotta with the ochre to get a sausage meat colour, it really only needs a tiny amount of colour and your will barely see it so dont be overly fussy about the colour. roll this into a very thing sausage shape and the ochre into one about 4 times as big

rolls the ochre fimo out to about 2mm thick and lay the 'sausage' meat into the middle

fold the ochre fimo over the sausage fimo to envelope it inside

and then cut into small sausage roll size pieces, i make mine about 1.5 cm long but you can make them smaller if you wish

make an indent down one side with a dental tool or toothpick

make the tiny dents down this slightly flattened edge to give the indented edge and randomly poke the edge of the craft blade into the edges to give a pastry effect to the edges. you may have to reshape the fimo if it has softened too much, or place it into the fridge before doing this stage (remember not to let the fimo come into contact with anything that will be used for food)

next scores diagonal lines across the top and wiggle the blade (craft knife) slightly to open them up a bit, check if the indents need redoing (i usually squish mine a bit)

now bake according to instructions (for mine its 110c for 30 mins)

to give that realistic cooked look i use furniture touch up markers that i got from 'Poundland' using the light for a cooked nice colour, the medium for slightly darker (i prefer my realife ones like that so i made these ones that way) and use dark if you want to add a touch of burnt bits. i tend to colour my finger tips with the markers and handle the baked sausage roll so the colouring isnt too even. you can use paint or woodstain just as effectively, just experiment with what you have to hand

but you can see here the various colours achievable

Back to top Go down
Mel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sausage rolls (fimo)   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 am

These tutes are fantastic Sal, keep em coming
Back to top Go down
louisas nan

PostSubject: Re: Sausage rolls (fimo)   Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks for tut Sal, you make it look so easy, fimo is one of my least favourite things to work with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sausage rolls (fimo)   

Back to top Go down

Sausage rolls (fimo)
Page 1 of 1